A Four-Day Journey with Breath, Community, and the Elements
Thursday, August 31 – Monday, September 4, 2023
Bend of Ivy Retreat Center outside Asheville, NC
You are medicine, breath is medicine.
Everything and everyone is medicine for something, and your medicine is so needed at this critical time on our planet. Since the day you took your first breath, its animating force has been coursing through you, ready to catalyze a richer expression of all the possibilities that you are.
During this retreat, each of us will deepen our connection with life force, supported by the elements of earth, water, fire, and air at the beautiful Bend of Ivy Retreat Center.
You’ll have the opportunity to ride the wave of breath, to feel the spark of fire arise in you, to flow with the land, the water, and your senses, and to tap into your innate creativity and intuitive knowing. We’ll have time together to explore what can only be done in community, and free time in the afternoon to integrate or relax as you wish.
You will leave with a deeper felt sense of who you are and what truly brings you alive.
Registration and Application for the Retreat
Apply here for the retreat. Registration limited to 16 people. No previous breathwork experience is required to attend.
All-inclusive retreat fee covers:
- Workshop tuition
- Four nights lodging with shared bath or camping site at Bend of Ivy Lodge and Retreat Center in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina
- Four days of healthy, organic food (vegetarian, vegan, and gluten/dairy-free options available)
*Early bird registration – save $100 if you register by March 23, 2023*
Cost per person:
- Single room (6 rooms available): $1300 ($1200 early bird)
- Double room (3 rooms available, 6 spaces total): $1100 ($1000 early bird)
- Camping (4 sites available, bring your own tent, towels and bathroom access provided): $900 ($800 early bird)
Check-in on Thursday, August 31
- You can check in to your room starting at 5 pm.
- The retreat begins with dinner at 6 pm.
Check-out on Monday, September 4
- The retreat ends with lunch served from 12-1 pm.
- Room check-out is no later than 1 pm.
- Please plan your departure so that you are able to stay through 12 pm on Monday as we will spend the morning integrating your experience.
About the Retreat Center
Bend of Ivy is a 63-acre residential retreat center in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Asheville, NC.
Built on the grounds of a former farm, it includes Zen gardens, ponds, a labyrinth, beautiful views, hiking trails, and friendly goats. You can learn more about the property here.
If you are traveling by plane, the closest airports are:
- Asheville Regional Airport – 45 minutes drive
- Charlotte International Airport — a little over 2 hours drive
- Atlanta International Airport — a little under 4 hours drive
What is Integrative Breathwork?
Integrative Breathwork is a dynamic and healing practice that facilitates your ability to fully participate in life. Because the breath attunes to precisely what is needed for you during this practice, it can be beneficial for many types of inquiries, including:
- Opening to creativity, love, and beauty
- Connecting more deeply to inner guidance, purpose, and power
- Expanding your capacity to meet and trust whatever is showing up for you, including holding reverent space for fear, anxiety, anger, and grief
COVID Policy and Mutual Care
Because breathwork puts me and you into close contact with each other, we will be practicing mutual care before and during the workshop to protect the health of all, especially those who are or live with people in high-risk categories. Please read the retreat COVID Policy here.
I feel seen and held tenderly by Julie always. I recall my first meeting with her and that tenderness and depth in her eyes – to her soul — this remains with me and I feel that connection each time we meet. I trust her implicitly.– Phil Shovlin